- Addl. Municipal commissioner Devnikar has appealed to parents to quarantine their children at home if they show symptoms of flu such as cold and cough.
Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, Imposed[edit | edit source]
Maharashtra invoked the stringent Epidemic Act in Pune and Satara districts to allow the state government to forcibly put swine flu patients under quarantine in government hospitals.
- For the better prevention of the spread of dangerous Epidemic Diseases
- Invoked by government when the ordinary provisions of the law are insufficient to check the outbreak or spread of any dangerous epidemic disease
- Govt empowered to take special measures and prescribe regulations to check epidemic diseases
- Any person disobeying any regulation or order made under this Act shall be deemed to have committed an offence punishable under section 188 of the IPC
- Immunity for persons acting under the Act, as no suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against them
Please see and add comments.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.