Government-organized demonstrations or state demonstrations are demonstrations which are organized by the government of that nation.
In Iran, demonstrations such as the anniversary of Islamic revolution, are organized by government. In these demonstrations people chant "Death to Israel" and "Death to America" referring respectively to Israel as a state and the policy of US Administration.
References[edit | edit source]
- Analysis: Iran Sends Terror-Group Supporters To Arafat's Funeral Procession "...state-organized rallies..."
- Why Washington and Tehran are headed for a showdown the hedgefund journal 16 April 2006
- Global News, No. GL99-072 C h i n a N e w s D i g e s t June 3 1989
- Cubans ponder life without Fidel THE WASHINGTON TIMES 2 August 2006
- "Democracy in the Former Soviet Union: 1991-2004" Power and Interest News Report 28 December 2004
- The Seattle Times: Nation & World: Israel, Hezbollah continue attacks
- How should Americans understand phrases like "Death to America" and "Great Satan"? PBS, an interview with Azar Nafisi
[edit | edit source]
- People's Republic of China
- Republic of Cuba
- Cubans ponder life without Fidel Center for a Free Cuba
- Paper: Castro Walking, and Even Working ("... attending a government-organized rally in support of Castro and the Cuban Revolution...")
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- AMERICA AND THE AYATOLLAHS 19 Feb 2004
- ...deception was bolstered by rent-a-crowd groups... during Iranian elections in 2004
- Tehran students attack UK embassy
- Republic of Panama